Catherine Willis

The
continents
of scent
and of color









Catherine Willis
works in progress
Atelier, Paris














Last week, Catherine Willis from Paris

sent me these incredible images of her
new work. I've been staring at them ever since...
I hope in the future, I'll be able to see them in person,
and perhaps have a conversation with Catherine.
We met via Ivan, who has become a dear friend, even though
we are a sea apart.

--------



Is it the circles I'm so transfixed by?
The yellows? the materials?


she told me her friends call this work shamanic,
and I can certainly understand why...
a very strong but silent energy....















materials:
3 yellows from plants for this recent expo:

the one from berberis roots,
the one from pomegranate bark,
and the paler one from filipendula.

The scents inside the PERFUME RINGS
and THE BATONS DE PAROLE were gum resins,
cinnamon , laurel leaves, Tonka beans, cedar of Lebanon shavings.












more works in progress!








go to here
site for more info.
thank you catherine!




----
You have read this article artists / catherine willis / circle / fiber arts / sculpture with the title Catherine Willis. You can bookmark this page URL http://gigibytes.blogspot.com/2010/04/catherine-willis.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Catherine Willis"

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...