"At the end of the day a cup is a cup,
a chair is a chair and a lamp is a lamp. "


- Dan Yeffet






Series of ambient lights designed by Dan Yeffet and Lucie Koldova.





A friend sent me these lamp images a few weeks ago. There is something about Dan's work that I find calming. A certain quiet confidence. A feeling that they should have always existed. In my quest to hunt down these lamps, I wrote to Dan Yeffet asking about his work. Dan wrote to YHBHS in response to my question on why he designs:



"At the end of the day a cup is a cup, a chair is a chair and a lamp is a lamp. It is the need to explore, to express, and to create & stimulate emotions within people. If this happens, it’s my biggest reward. I am not here to change the world, but to share my perspective with others. My work is my personal interpretation of things that surround us in our daily lives."



I'm looking forward to seeing more lamps by Dan Yeffet.
In the meantime, take a long look at his portfolio. Thanks Dan!
















Dan Yeffet
was born in 1971 in Jerusalem (Israel). He studied at Bezalel Academy: School of Art and Design in Jerusalem (1999-2001) and graduated in the Gerrit Rietveld in Amsterdam in 2002 (BA in industrial/product design). After graduating he freelanced at various design and architecture offices in the Netherlands on different projects.

Later, Dan created “JellyLab”, his own design studio and platform in Amsterdam. In 2005 the studio moved to Paris until this present day.


Dan Yeffet/JellyLab Studio

50, rue des cascades Paris 75020












-------------------------






You have read this article danny yeffet / design in paris / floor lamps / jellylab studio / lamp designers with the title . You can bookmark this page URL http://gigibytes.blogspot.com/2011/03/at-end-of-day-cup-is-cup-chair-is-chair.html. Thanks!

No comment for " "

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...