What is it that I wish to convey?...I wish to convey something immaterial and I have to use material means for it. I have to convey something which is inexpressible and I have to use expression. I have to convey, perhaps, something unconscious and I have to use conscious means. I know in advance that I shall not succeed and cannot succeed, and therefore all I can do is to get nearer and nearer in some asymptotic approach; I do my best, but it is an agonizing struggle in which, if I am…any kind of self-conscious thinker, I am engaged for the whole of my life.

- Isaiah Berlin. The Roots of Romanticism, (Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press, 1999).


(via gil blank's interview with eve fowler, here..)

image, unknown.

You have read this article quotes with the title . You can bookmark this page URL http://gigibytes.blogspot.com/2009/06/what-is-it-that-i-wish-to-convey.html. Thanks!

No comment for " "

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...