Bill Evans
1929-1980 (waking up here in los angeles, on a dark, grey morning.... listening...)


"I'm...a rather simple person with a limited talent and perhaps a limited perspective."



"He communicated with a notable introspection that practically bordered on isolation. Evans was a shy, with drawn performer that rarely communicated with the audience to even name the tunes played. It is obvious that this audience in turn seems to prefer a kind of voluntary exile, where the average Bill Evans aficionado may become so fascinated that he is inclined to consider him as a private discovered treasure. Many people take Bill Evans personally. His recordings are accessibly moody, and many respond to music exclusively through the emotions. He simply chose a different path for himself, one entirely reflective of his inward personality — and that's what seems to touch listeners inside and outside jazz the most.
taken from here...






"I believe in things that are developed through hard work. I always like people who have developed long and hard, especially through introspection and a lot of dedication. I think what they arrive at is usually a much deeper and more beautiful thing than the person who seems to have that ability and fluidity from the beginning. I say this because it's a good message to give to young talents who feel as I used to."





(a masterpiece... moonbeams)





"First of all, I never strive for identity. That's something that just has happened automatically as a result, I think, of just putting things together, tearing things apart and putting it together my own way, and somehow I guess the individual comes through eventually."



You have read this article music with the title . You can bookmark this page URL http://gigibytes.blogspot.com/2009/06/bill-evans-1929-1980-waking-up-here-in.html. Thanks!

No comment for " "

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...