James Blackshaw.
The Glass Bead Game.
listen here...



"My method of composing has, for the most part, to do with improvising and repeating certain sections until they seem right. I can't write in full notation, and I imagine it would take ages, anyway. Generally what I have a habit of doing is just picking up a guitar and playing. Sometimes it's not an immediate thing, but usually things emerge from that. Sometimes there will literally just be a chord, or one simple melodic line, or some finger-picking pattern in a certain tuning. If I like it, I've got an old four-track cassette recorder, and I'll play it roughly. Before I go into the studio, I usually end up with a 90-minute cassette full of little bits and stuff. I know in my mind what belongs where."

James Blackshaw
You have read this article music with the title . You can bookmark this page URL http://gigibytes.blogspot.com/2009/05/james-blackshaw.html. Thanks!

No comment for " "

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...