Louise Nevelson:
The 70s March 22 - May 11, 2013

"I love to put things together. My whole life is one big collage. Every time I put on clothes, I am creating a picture, a living picture, for myself... I like clothes that are upholstered. I like that you build up your clothes…You can do it two-dimensionally, and every time I do it, when I go back to my work, I use that again.- Louise Nevelson






L&M Arts is pleased to present Louise Nevelson: The 70s, an in depth look at a diverse and defining decade of work by the woman deemed the “Grande Dame of Contemporary Sculpture.” This extensive exhibition will include over thirty works described by the artist at the time of their making to be about the now, which have since matured over the past three decades to take on new and evolved relevancy. The first exhibition to focus solely on works from this era examines a culminating crest of her investigations into the relationship between elements, sculpture, and architecture to achieve her distinct material alchemy.

L&M Arts 660 South Venice Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291

Read a past YHBHS Entry: Sergei Jensen 2011 & Louise Nevelson 1969 "The Leftovers"

Photos by Joshua White/JW Pictures



--------------
You have read this article with the title . You can bookmark this page URL http://gigibytes.blogspot.com/2013/04/louise-nevelson-70s-march-22-may-11.html. Thanks!

No comment for " "

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...