S P E C I F I C
A place where nobody dared to go
The love that we came to know

They call it X a n a d u!

November 13th – December 24th,
Saturday November 13th 5-8 PM









And now Open your eyes and see
What we have made is real
We are in Xanadu.....!




Yesterday, I stopped into SPECIFIC on Beverly Boulevard here in Los Angeles only to witness Brooks in the midst of setting up XANADU. (Sorry Brooks for chatting your ear off while you were setting up!)
He has gathered 50 artists for his Holiday XANADU show that is opening tonight. From the looks of all the work he showed me, this is a show not to be missed.


S P E C I F I C




Huge new wall installation from Scout Regalia. Personal stockings!
A new designer artist making large felt light pendants. Wow. I need two....

Laurel Broughton of WELCOME!
Work by
Jason Meadows, and Steve Halterman.

Plus so much more that was finding its way to its spot for tonight's event.



S P E C I F I C
is a unique store in Los Angeles, and personally, one of the best. If you haven't been, this is the perfect introduction to Brooks' vision. How he pulls off so much in so little time is beyond me. For those that read YHBHS regularly, I posted images from the SPECIFIC event I attended in Joshua Tree with Von Tundra. For those that missed that event hosted at Andrea Zittel's property two months ago, I'm sorry, b/c it was too fun! You can take a peak here off of her site...

See you there tonight.




Upcoming Events:

Specific Holiday Party &
VITRINE / thevitrine.com in-store launch
& affordable-art sale
Saturday December 4th 5-10 PM

Specific @ Mt. Fuji General Store Pop-UP
at The Ace Palm Springs
December 3rd-5th





---------------

You have read this article holidays / los angeles stores / specific / the vitrine with the title . You can bookmark this page URL http://gigibytes.blogspot.com/2010/11/s-p-e-c-i-f-i-c-place-where-nobody.html. Thanks!

No comment for " "

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...