.










lyrics by
joanna newsom,
"sawdust and diamonds"
& images via
old chum. here.

















"Push me back into a tree
Bind my buttons with salt
Fill my long ears with bees
Braying 'please, please, please,
Oh you ought not!
No you ought not!'

And then this system of strings
Tugs on the tip of my wings
Cut from cardboard and old magazines
Makes me warble and rise like a sparrow"


























"And in the place where i stood
Is a circle of wood
A quarter to which you chop and you stack in your barrow"



























"Oh-oh, oh-oh-oh desire
Oh-oh, oh-oh-oh desire
Oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh desire milkymoon

From the top of the flight
Of the wide white stairs
Through the rest of my life
Do you wait for me there?"








(image by edward henderson)









"I wasn't born of a whistle
Or milked from a thistle at twilight
No, i was all horns and thorns
Sprung out fully formed, knock-kneed and upright
So enough of this terror we deserve to know light
And grow evermore lighter and lighter
You would have seen me through
But i could not undo that desire"











(nicky kehoe)







In the trough of the waves
Which are pawing like dogs
Between pale-faced and grave
As i write in my log
And then i hear a noise from the hull
Seven days out to sea
And it is the damnable bell
And it tolls, i believe, that it tolls
It tolls for me!
And it tolls for me!

























.

You have read this article lyrics / music meets image with the title . You can bookmark this page URL http://gigibytes.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post.html. Thanks!

No comment for " "

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...